ABA’s 27th Annual Philadelphia Tax Conference
November 02, 2016 to November 03, 2016
Employee Benefits and Tax partner Mary (Handy) Hevener and Tax associate Steven Johnson will present at the American Bar Association’s 27th Annual Philadelphia Tax Conference sponsored by the Section of Taxation. Tax partner Paul Gordon is on the conference advisory board.
Employee Benefits – Current Hot Topics in Federal and State Payroll Tax Audits
Wednesday, November 2, 2016 | 4:00–5:10 pm
Presenters: Mary (Handy) Hevener and Steven Johnson
This presentation will cover many payroll tax issues, ranging from current compliance, through audit exposures and refund claims, including:
- Continuing IRS payroll tax audits and litigation of myriad cash and noncash fringe benefits provided both to executives and to traveling workers;
- Payroll tax withholding procedural developments, including increased ability to litigate in Tax Court, and complexities of overpaying/underpaying the 0.9% Additional Medicare Tax;
- Increasing prevalence of unjustified penalties in payroll tax audits, plus new requirements to send Forms W-2C to collect taxes twice;
- State payroll tax audits; and
- Existing and pending federal legislation to limit these state payroll audits.
CLE credit: Please see event details for CLE information.