In their upcoming webinar, “Landmark Trade Secret Law Establishes New Rights and Remedies,” Silicon Valley partner Mark Krotoski, San Francisco partner Christopher Banks, and Philadelphia partner John Gorman will discuss the new Defend Trade Secrets Act of 2016 (DTSA). Signed into law on May 11, the DTSA represents the most significant trade secret reform in decades.
Topics of the webinar will include the following:
- Background and key features of the DTSA
- A review of the ex parte court order process
- Whether to bring a federal civil claim under the DTSA or pursue state law civil remedies
- A review of the new whistleblower protections
- Stronger protections to safeguard trade secrets during litigation
- “Reasonable measures” that trade secret owners can and should take
- Factors for criminal foreign economic or trade secret theft cases
- Q&A—attendee questions about the DTSA
The webinar will be held on Tuesday, June 7 from 3:00 to 4:00 pm eastern. Learn more about this event and register here.
After attending the webinar, we encourage you to continue to monitor the Sourcing@MorganLewis blog as we collaborate with our colleagues to address the practical implications of the DTSA on your form agreements, policies, and handbooks governing the use of trade secrets and other confidential information.