PHILADELPHIA and PITTSBURGH, May 10, 2021: Six Morgan Lewis partners have been recognized by The Legal Intelligencer in its 2021 Professional Excellence Awards. The annual awards highlight the skills and achievements of lawyers in a range of categories. The following Pennsylvania-based partners are among the 2021 Professional Excellence Awards recipients:
- Marlee Myers, Lifetime Achievement for her pivotal role in Pittsburgh’s transformation from a center of heavy industry to a global hub of science and technology;
- Sarah Bouchard, Distinguished Leader for her work overseeing the firm’s COVID-19 response in Philadelphia, as well as her involvement in leading the firm’s Workplace Harassment Crisis Capabilities Group;
- Andrew Budreika, Lawyer on the Fast Track for his transactional work and his leadership of the firm’s COVID-19 Loan Program and Government Stimulus Task Force;
- John Goodchild, Best Law Firm Mentor for his work developing the firm’s formal mentoring program, as well as the Morgan Lewis Trial Academy;
- Kenneth Polite, Diversity Initiative Honoree for his efforts on the firm’s Mobilizing for Equality Initiative, which seeks to bring about racial justice on multiple fronts including voting rights, education, and law enforcement; and
- Barb Shander, Most Effective Dealmaker for her work leading a large number of transactions representing multiple billions of dollars in total enterprise value.
The honorees will be recognized in special editorial sections and at a June 24 awards dinner at the Crystal Tea Room in Philadelphia.