Join Morgan Lewis in the coming weeks for these programs on employee benefits and executive compensation:
- Mission Critical Benefits in a Pandemic Economy | May 27 | Webinar presented by Mary B. Hevener, R. Randall Tracht, David B. Zelikoff, Saghi Fattahian and Elizabeth S. Goldberg
- Hot Topics in Employee Benefits: What We’re Seeing – June 2020 | June 9 | Webinar presented by Andy R. Anderson, Brian D. Hector, Daniel R. Salemi, David B. Zelikoff, Claire E. Bouffard and Jacob M. Oksman
Recent LawFlashes of interest include:
- CARES Act: IRS Q&As Address Retirement Plan Distribution and Loan Issues. This LawFlash discusses the Internal Revenue Service’s recently posted Q&As addressing certain issues and questions on distributions and loans related to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic under the CARES Act.
- COVID-19: Agencies Issue Disaster Relief for Welfare Plans. This LawFlash reviews guidance issued by the US Department of Labor Employee Benefits Security Administration (DOL) and the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) that provides deadline and other timeframe relief to welfare plans and their sponsors and administrators under the Employee Retirement Income Security Act of 1974, as amended (ERISA) and the Internal Revenue Code of 1986, as amended (Code).
- IRS Opens the Door for Optional Midyear Election Changes and Other Related Relief. This LawFlash addresses two pieces of recently released IRS guidance relating to Internal Revenue Code Section 125 plans (cafeteria plans), health reimbursement arrangements (HRAs), and health savings account (HSA) eligibility. The guidance provides welcome options for plan sponsors to respond to the current pandemic and is available to participants (including employees who previously declined coverage) regardless of whether they are affected by the pandemic (in contrast to other CARES Act relief).
- Six Considerations for Plan Fiduciaries During the COVID-19 Pandemic. This LawFlash identifies six points that ERISA fiduciaries may want to consider to adjust their process in the face of the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
Coronavirus COVID-19 Task Force
For our clients, we have formed a multidisciplinary Coronavirus COVID-19 Task Force to help guide you through the broad scope of legal issues brought on by this public health challenge. Find resources on how to cope with the post-pandemic reality on our NOW. NORMAL. NEXT. page and our COVID-19 page to help keep you on top of developments as they unfold. If you would like to receive a daily digest of all new updates to the page, please subscribe now to receive our COVID-19 alerts, and download our biweekly COVID-19 Legal Issue Compendium.